Sunday, July 23, 2006

Gay Games: Day Eight

Partying @ Sidetrack on Thursday. Team rules were gone, so I was getting friendly with one of my teammates in front of everyone. Craig asked me if this was going on all week. I thought it was old news. Anyway, Craig was the brave one, having to navigate through a crowded bar with a cast on his foot. Almost everyone of my teammates was getting some play, but I decided to give my body a rest. I shared a cab with Craig back to his hotel and went to bed around 2 a.m.

Friday July 21st was my eight day in Chicago. It was the only day this week that I didn't have any scheduled competition. Off to Hollywood Beach I went, doing some yoga on the beach by myself. It was I really needed to clear my head to get ready for my next Gay Games event.

Took a bus to see Matt's Ulta store, and to the Navy Pier to join Michael and Jeremy for the volleyball gold medal game.

The Human Rights Campaign pasta dinner for marathon atheles was fun. I got to meet a dozen of amazing gay and lesbian athletes who share such inspiring stories. I left the dinner feeling great.

I made a brief stop at Shaun and Tony's Gay Games BBQ. Left at 8:30 pm with a nice send-off applause for my event the following morning.

It was a great transition day.

My eight marathon overall would occur the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home