Sunday, July 16, 2006

Gay Games: Day Two




The Chicago Gay Games Opening Ceremony was a disappointment. It was delayed, drawn-out, unevenly paced, and uninspired. I enjoyed the idling time to mingle with fellow participants, but I could have done without the program. Anti-gay groups were out there, but there presence ony fueled more noise from the participants.

I wanted to stay for Maragret Cho, but three hours into the start I couldn't wait any longer. I wanted to take a shower to get rid of my sweats and b.o.

I took me a while to walk out of the Soldier's Stadium, and about 15 more minutes to find the Red subway line.

Soccer starts tomorrow!

Chicago Gay Games - Opening Ceremony
Chicago Gay Games - Opening Ceremony
Chicago Gay Games - Opening Ceremony
Chicago Gay Games - Opening Ceremony

2 Comments:

Blogger TW said...

Hey, those are my buddies from SF! :)

2:05 AM  
Blogger Anh said...

The cheer squads look fierce!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home