Friday, August 10, 2007

Calling All Toe Nail Fairies

As memories of my recent Rehoboth soccer tournament start to fade away, there is a reminder that will stay with me for at least the rest of this year: my nail-less toe! An opposing player stepped on my toe during an on-field collision. I came back from the tournament with a black toe.

I forgot about it until one day as I put on my socks, I felt like there was something in the way. I pulled the sock out and saw that my black toe nail was up 45 degrees. The fresh underneath the toe nail was mostly pink and red. Not a pretty sight!

The loose nail became looser each day. During my swim pratice on Tuesday this week, I could feel that the nail was flapping against the toe as I kicked water. I couldn't do the breast stroke kick since the nail created extra drag as my breast strok kick opened. It really freaked me out.

Not only this nail is interfering with my swims, it's interfering with my runs as well. I haven't been able to go back to my best long-run pace, and I partially blamed the loose nail. I needed to do something before my half-marathon race this weekend. I considered Super Glue, but I didn't think it could keep the nail intact for the length of the race.

I decided to take the matter into my own hands, as I usually do. I lifted up, shook it left and right. It came right off.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home