Monday, December 31, 2012

I am a cyclist

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugAs I was hammering down on Martin Luther King during a solo ride this week, I reflected upon my year as a cyclist.

It was a year of many beginnings. I did not even sit on a bike between January and April. I dusted off my barely-used TT bike in May. Learned to be comfortable wearing my cycling cleats. Learned to shift gears. Learned to ride in an aerodynamic position using my aero bars. Learned to ride side-by-side in a group. Learned to set up my hydration system for long rides.

I also became a regular at spinner classes offered by my gym. I used my heart rate monitor to make sure I was putting in the proper effort.  I also gave my old bike trainer a new try.

Cycling has become by main focus of training starting on December 1 this year. I still consider myself a novice cyclist, but I am a cyclist.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home