Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year's Resolutions


New Toy for Kitchen
Originally uploaded by reflexblue.
I'm setting out to ruin a sacred institution known as New Year's Resolution. Every year around this time, millions of Americans suddenly decide to ...

1. Lose weight
2. Stop smoking
3. Stick to a budget
4. Save more money
5. Find a better job
6. Become more organized
7. Exercise more
8. Be more patient at work / with others
9. Eat better
10. Become a better person

I always tease people with such timely resolutions, spend a ton of money to achieve these goals, and forget all about them after Valentine's Day.

However, I do see their point. January 1st is a convenient start. But for those who are selecting one of the above 10 common resolutions, I'd say why not go for all 10? Isn't it like throwing darts against a board? The more darts you throw out, the better chance that perhaps one of them will stick?

I'm most definitely following my own advice. Yes, I'm starting all 10 resolutions! Will it be possible for me to stop smoking when I don't even know how to use matches? Of course, my dear! I will avoid second-hand smoke! Since I already have a job I love, perhaps I can help someone else find a better job!!! We'll see how many days until all these ridiculous resolutions become pipe dreams.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Court Reporter said...

You need an anti-resolution, like eat more candy, drink more rum and diet cokes or something else along those lines.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home