Saturday, June 24, 2006

Are you retarded? (APICS Master Planning of Resources)

I'm going through a certification program by APICS, The Association for Operations Management. I have to pass five exams to be certified as an Operations Management professional. I passed the first exam last year.

It took me a full 12 months to sign up for the second test, Master Planning of Resources. Someone once told me that these kind of tests are so easy it's difficult to fail. This person claimed that these tests consisted of one question:

Question:
Are you retarded?

Answer:
a) Yes
b) No
c) Maybe

Well, if this were true, I almost picked answer "b" or "c". I barely passed the second test this morning. I took a three-day prep course earlier this month, but hadn't studied much until last night. Partly because of poor time management, partly due to my overconfidence, I didn't give much thoughts to setting aside time to study.

Even after I signed up and personally paid for the exam registration fee two weeks ago, I kept having higher priorities such as running, swimming, and attending social activities. Not until 10 0'clock last night when I seriously sat down with a cup of Vietnamese iced coffee to review the study materials. I studied until 3 a.m. Woke up at 5:30 a.m. and studied for another hour before heading out for the test.

It was a close call. I could easily fail and would have to wait at least 30 days before I would be eligible to take the test again. I called my sexy shaved head friend Chris and we went to Continental Midtown for brunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home