Sunday, February 26, 2006

St. Louis Marathon: 6 Weeks Ahead

Week of Feb. 20 to Feb. 26
Goal: 28 miles
Actual: 1.5 miles + 3.1 miles = 3.6 miles

Well, marathon training was not a priority this week as I battled health issues. I got on the treadmill on Monday with the intention of getting a good start for the week. A few minutes into running, I knew I wasn't well. My steps were heavy, my motion was not smooth. I struggled to reach the first mile, and ended my run at 1.5 miles.

I was home sick for the next three days. I went to work on Friday, but my right shoulder, elbow, and wrist didn't work. I thought the tingling pain would go away by the time I reached work, but I had to go through the work day with only one functional arm. I considered checking myself into the ER Friday afternoon but decided to sleep off. Saturday morning a miracle happened: I was 95% fine.

I did a speed workout / 5K run on Sunday. I felt great being able to finish the 5K, but I knew I wasn't at my regular strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home