Monday, January 24, 2005

Jeff Bridges, Elvis, and Other Sightings

As Jacob and I were getting ready to board a plane to Memphis, we heard over the PA system that Jeff Bridges was not ready and we were urged to watch our steps as we entered the plane. Jacob looked at me saying he wasn't aware that Jeff Bridges was working for Northwest Airlines. To our disappointment, what was being said was "jet bridge's not ready."
Of course, the first thing we saw in Memphis was Graceland. I'm no Elvis fan, but I enjoy a few old Elvis tunes. Jacob didn't feel that the inside of Graceland was worth seeing, so we got a free tour from far away. We did pose for a few photos in front of the famed Graceland wall of grafitti. That was all of Elvis I could take in one day.
We did pay to see the inside of the Clinton library in Little Rock, Arkasas. Who knew that this was becoming a busy gay cruising spot in the American heartland!We were looking for the infamous blue dress, but all we could find was a set of Bill and Hillary cookie cutters.
Jacob's family was crazy but they treated me well. I felt welcome, and I actually had more fun spending time with Jacob's family than mine.
We failed to spot Elvis in Memphis, but we managed to find some great Southern meals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home