Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The water's fine

The water's fine, and I can still breaststroke like a real swimmer. As running became my cardiovascular exercise of choice, I avoided the indoor pool the past six months. The crowd also kept me away, as I preferred not to wait in my squarecut bathing suit for one of the four lanes . My brief return to the indoor pool this week was a success. I was able to stroke my way through a few dozen laps effortlessly. I also made me consider for a few seconds joining the Philadelphia FINS, but my memory of the butch lesbian pushing me off of the slow lane still lingers.

I'm pleased with my New Jersey Marathon training progress. It's appropriate to say that I've kicked up a few notches since my Philadelphia Marathon training last autumn. Since April 17th is three months away, I'm keeping myself from running ahead of my program, which calls for around 20 miles a week at this stage.

One result of my marathon training is that I've never been in a better shape! I better buy more mirror!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home