Sunday, January 16, 2005

My last 12 months

It seems almost too late to reflect on my 2004 events. However, I feel like my new year hasn't really began as I'm still on semester break until this Tuesday.
In 2004, I found myself spending a lot of time in Chestnut Hill before Jacob and I decided to move to Regatta Apartments in a blue-collar Norristown. We vacationed in Rehoboth, DE and Bar Harbor, ME. We went camping in Ocean City, NJ and hung out in Deep Creek, MD.
Jacob pedaled from "City to Shore" while raising over $1000 for multiple sclerosis. I ran "Against Bush" and for AIDS charities. We both gave up sugar and carbs while following the South Beach diet, for a few months.
I started the year taking rock climbing classes and ended up becoming a serious runner. Who would have thought that I would complete a marathon. That was the best 30th birthday present I gave myself. Having the Philadelphia Marathon on my credential, I joined the Philadelphia Front Runners and made new friends.
A new job sort of fell into my lap in February. It was overwhelming the first five months, but now everything is a breeze. I can truly say that I love my job and it's the best job I ever had.
Jacob made me laugh so hard it hurt. The outcome of the presidential election made cry. Being around my friends reminded me that I was having the time of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home