Saturday, October 16, 2004

Run Baby Run

After two months of training, I can honestly say that 10K is a fun run, 10-mile is not bad, and a full marathon of 26.2 miles is within reach. Running is something I never thought I could do.
As a kid I had web feet so usually stumbled if I ever ran a few steps. Three years ago I couldn't walk because of my lower-back injury. I started running when I wanted to get back in shape. I sweat so much after the first mile, and I think I've never been in a better shape.

The kind of running that I do is called Slow Long Distance (SLD) run. My pace is 10-minute mile at the first half of the run, then a little faster toward the end so the overall pace is 9.5-minute per mile. I'm excited about my new running shoes, my feet no longer have huge blisters after each run. I'm excited that I can brag about me "training for a marathon". Most of all, I'm exciting that I can be part of the Run Against Bush movement.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home