Saturday, January 23, 2010

12th & Spruce


chartreuse
Originally uploaded by helloshirin

No intersection in Center City Philadelphia is more fascinating to me than 12th & Spruce! It's in the heart of the gayborhood. It is still the tranny hooker corner, but the arrival of trendy Tria restaurant has made this corner even more representative of Philly! You can see young straight people having fancy cheese while watching cracked out crack dealers across the street. Out-of-town gays and budget minded straights staying at the Alexander Inn are probably not used to see tranny hookers taking over the corner from midnight to about 6 a.m. And then we have the high end flower shop Chartreuse that never seems to be open, and the crumbling Oddfellows building that is waiting to be fixed up. I love people watching at this corner, but I know better to keep my feet moving before a slow-moving driver asks me if I want to have a good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home