Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Delaware Marathon 2009

They listed me as female again, but my time was too slow to win a female age group award :)

It was a rainy and windy marathon. The course was changed so this year we ran 2 loops instead of 4. It was still a very small race, and since I was in the second half of the pack, people were friendly!

I started out doing 9 minute mile pace for the first 10 miles, and gradually started to slow down to 10 minute mile pace. Cramped up first at mile 19, then again at mile 23. I walked for a few minutes to give my muscles a rest, but got my second and third winds to finish the race at 4 hours and 27 minutes.

The time was slow for me, but crossing the finishing line was definitely another personal triumph!

Here's to Another Personal Best

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home