Friday, October 19, 2007

Confessions of a Lane Six Swimmer, Part 11

Monument
For the first time in my 18-month swim with the Philadelphia Fins Aquatic Club, I was more comfortable with freestyle than breaststroke. I knew that this day would come, but I still couldn't believe it was happening! This was the workout given by Coach Tom:

3 x 100 warm-up
10 x 50 descending 1-5 and 6-10. My 5 and 10 were 45 seconds.
1 x 100 easy
8 x 100 (25 breast, 25 free, 25 breast, 25 free). I was the lane leader :-)
1 x 100 easy
5 x 50 (easy, build, fast, easy, FAST). My fast laps were 47 and 45 seconds.
1 x 100 easy

This was an unusally long set for Lane Six. We didn't have to do any drills yesterday so we covered more yards. It helped that the other three Lane Six guys were roughly my pace. For the last 100 easy, I started out doing breaststroke but after the turn couldn't spread my legs any longer. I switched over to freestyle, finished my set, and felt great!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger David Wilton said...

Good luck at the Marine Corp Marathon. I'll be dancing about the time you cross the finish line.`

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home