Monday, September 17, 2007

Philadelphia Distance Run 2007


Tallest to shortest
Originally uploaded by reflexblue

Wow, what a fun run! I kept my pace below 8 minutes mile for the entire half marathon. I came within seconds of my PR run last year.


Official Statistics
Clock Time: 1:40:10
Chip (Net) Time: 1:39:52
Placed 1625th out of 11,629 overall finishers
Placed 1327th out of 5978 male finishers
Placed 197th out of 784 males 30-34

5k split = 23:27
10k split = 47:41
10m split = 1:16:54
Average pace = 7:38

Philadelphia Distance Run 2007
It was a great day for runners and spectators. The morning walk to the start was a little chilly. I was planning to wear a long sleeve thermal shirt below my short sleeve technical running shirt. However, once I got to the Art Museum area, the heat from the crowd and my own excitement warmed me up, so I removed the long sleeve shirt.


IMG_1179.JPG
I lined up with the 7:30 pace in corral #1. Wishful thinking! I was very tight crossing the start line. I had urges to throw up I ran east on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The acidic stomach problem went away as I went around City Hall, easing into a 7:40 pace which I kept for 12 miles until I crossed the finish line.
I made a few attempts to go sub 7:30 to break my PR. I stayed at 7:30 for a mile or so but couldn't go any faster. The last mile sprint put my final time below 1:40 which was about 53 seconds slower than my time last year.


Bengay patches
I thought I was going to throw up as I approached the finish line. I made some nasty noises at the finish line, but nothing came out. After getting some food and water, I was fine. I put on some Bengay patches for my thighs, just because they were given out free.

DC and Philly Front Runners 16 Sept 2007
I found Frontrunners friends from Philly and Washington DC, posed for a few photos, and started looking for my parents. Half an hour later, my cousin Ro came in. Ro improved from his previous half marathon by at least 20 minutes. He can definitely beat me if he keeps training.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home