Sunday, August 26, 2007

Confessions of a Lane Six Swimmer, Part 6

Hands Up
A rare breakthrough happened last Thursday: I finally understood how to keep my elbows high and enter with my fingers, not wrists. This breakthrough came during a drill that Coach Jen called "Stab the Water". It sounded simple but it took me two frustrating months to figure out. Now I visualized my hands as spears stabbing the water at an angle at each stroke. I tried this new technique in Rehoboth Beach this weekend, and my efficiency vastly improved.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger SMP said...

Hi! I saw your photos on flikr. I don't know if you have a deviantART account, but you really should! You have awesome photos and there are categories for photography, portraits, self-portraits, and artistic nude.

Plus, there is a large gay community on dA.

Anyway, I think you'd like it. If you are interested and want to know more or need someone on your list to start you up, look me up: theshadowmistress.deviantart.com .

No, I'm not gay or stalking you lol. I just know good art when I see it, and your photos are awesome! (The skyscraper one would make an instant Popular item! LOL)

Take care,
Lily

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home