Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ultramarathon


Lunch break @ Mile 17
Originally uploaded by reflexblue

I completed my first 50-mile run last weekend in the 24-hour race called 20in24. I approached it as a fun run since I didn't train for it at all. I ran slow, and slower, ran/walked, walked, and basically moved forward until I reached six Kelly Drive / King Drive loops.

Loop 1: 1 hour 30 minutes with Steve from Frontrunners Philadelphia
Loop 2: 2 hours; took 30 lunch break
Loop 3: 2 hours 15 minutes
Loop 4: 2 hours 30 minutes; vomited while sitting at the EMS station
Loop 5: almost 3 hours
Loop 6: 2 hours 15 minutes

I was painfully slow, but was there any doubt that I would complete 50 miles?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ponoono said...

i think you have proven you can do pretty much anything you put your mind to.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home