Monday, June 09, 2008

Frontrunners 1 Mile Run/Walk with Pride





I won second place overall at the Frontrunners Philadelphia Pride Run!!! It was a rare one-mile road race, with two turns. The start was on Locust St. between 12th and 13rd Sts. We made a left turn on 11th, a right turn on Market, and the finish line was right after 5th St.

The winner was in a class of his own, zooming out from the start and leaving everyone behind. Comcast Jeff was second for the first 5 blocks. I passed him just before we turned on Market St. I slowed down a bit once I got on Market St and realized that the traffic was not fully blocked. I fully expected Comcast Jeff and other runners to pass me. I saw the finish line, hearing Addie screaming "Is that Anh", and never looked back.

My time was 5:50 minutes, same as my mile at the Penn Relays. I was exhausted but not as sick as how I felt after the Penn Relays.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home