Sunday, April 20, 2008

Confessions of a Lane Six Swimmer

Two of my fellow lane six swimmers have already moved over to lane five. I'm not ready yet, but I'm working on it. Depending on who shows up at practice in lanes five and six, I know where my ass belongs.
I swam in lane five twice the past two weeks. I could keep up with their speed for 50's, but I was not ready to do 100's with 10 seconds rest yet.
My freestyle definitely improved. The biggest thing I've focused on the past month was my freestyle pull. I wanted to make sure I kept my elbows high, rotated, reached, glided, pulled with closed fingers, and followed through. I was very encouraged to see that I could keep pace with some lane five during 50 sprints.
There are many things I need to work on before my ass can firmly stick in lane five, but how exciting is it even to be considering that possibility?

Lane 6 Triumph

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home