Saturday, November 17, 2007

Food Poisoning vs. Philadelphia Marathon

Sick Day
Getting food poisoning is definitely a humbling experience. I can never forget the Taco Basket Incident of 1998 a day before Thanksgiving.
I had my second incident ever this past week. I was fine on Wednesday night after Ass and Abs class and shoulders workout. I went to Pine Street Pizza to buy a small cheese pizza takeout. I felt unusually tired on Thursday morning. I also felt nauseous. I threw up a little bit of liquid in the shower. I went to work anyway. I started feeling chilled on the train. I ran into a bathroom after I got off the train, and everything came out. I clogged the sink and and to use paper towels to clean it!!!
I grabbed my work laptop and headed home. Due to the mid-day shuttle / train schedule, it would be three more hours until I set foot home. Luckily, there was no projectile incident during this long trip back to the city.
I worked from home on Thursday afternoon, between bathroom trips and fever/chill body temp flux. I skipped swim practice, but managed to haul my ass to the Fins board meeting (my first as president).
My stomach was still acidic and bubbly on Friday, so I stayed home. I totally lost my appetite, so I hadn't had anything besides soy milk for the past 24 hours.
For the first time ever, I thought about canceling my marathon this Sunday. I went to Temple U anyway to pick up my bib number. I still want to run, but it will be a last minute decision.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger David Wilton said...

Ahh, sorry to hear. Take care of your health first. I'm sure you know that already. It happened to me in August right before an event. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. There'll be other events.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home