Monday, November 12, 2007

Confessions of a Lane Six Swimmer


Anh test 5209
Originally uploaded by jasonsmith


I went to all four Fins practices last week! That was the first!
Tuesday November 6th (election day)
Coach: Jen
Swimmers: can't remember anymore!!


Thursday November 8th workout with Coach Tom
Swimmers: Bill H, Jan E, Jeff B, and me. Jeff was late and decided to go slow the entire practice.
3 x 100 (25 kicks, 50 fist drill, 25 swim) I turned the middle 100 into a 50
8 x 50 free; 10 seconds rest.
8 x 75 (25 free, 25 stroke, 25 free) on 2:30. I made up and gained during the 25 stroke
1 x 100 easy
4 x 75 (25 free, 25 stroke, 25 free) on 2:10. Since I blurted out that the previous set was too slow, I was the lane leader for this set.
2 x 50 sprint
1 x 100 easy




Saturday November 10th
Coach: Roger
Swimmers: Jan, Tree, Steve G, and me
I swam 150 yards freestyle non-stop for the first time during the warmup. Don't remember the rest of the sets. Lots of breaststroke drills


Sunday November 11th
Coach: Roger
Swimmer: Ryan (new), and me
Ryan was faster at freestyle, I was faster at breaststroke. The sets had an even mix, so we were able to keep up.
Jen was swimming, but she came around toward the end to give a breaststroke demo. She pulled her groin while mimicing his wide kick!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home