Sunday, October 28, 2007

Marine Corps Marathon


iflickr
Originally uploaded by reflexblue

I reversed a slide and completed the MCM under 4 hours. That's the good news. The bad news is that I was 30 minutes slower than what I could do. It was a hilly, challenging course. I barely trained, so I'm happy with the results.

What I liked about the Marine Corps Marathon:
Lots of hot Marines uniforms
Large, enthusiastic crowds
Challenging, interesting course, including an uphill finish
Start and Finish areas are accessible via mass transit
Multi-start lines which eventually merge


What I didn't like about the Marine Corps Marathon:
Dumpy, uninviting runner's expo
Opening ceremony included a very religious prayer
Many Marines running the marathon wore black shirts with white text on their backs stating "Homosexuality is a sin / Islam is a lie / Abortion is murder / Somethings are clearly black and white"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger David Wilton said...

Great report. You're unstoppable. :)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home