Saturday, February 10, 2007

Confessions of a Lane Six Swimmer, Part 2

Life in Lane Six, the slowest lane of the Fins, has drastically changed the the past month. Four of the faster swimmers have moved up to Lane Five. Other Lane Six swimmers haven't shown up for practice on a regular basis.

A few of the recent practices, I found myself swimming with some people who were just slightly faster, and a few who were perhaps even more novice. At this point, not only that I could swim 50 yards freestyle, I could complete and didn't feel like I was about to die. I wouldn't be able to do 12 x 50 with 10 seconds rest, but I could probably do 8 x 50 during the same set. My technique is still horrible. I still need to bend my elbows, press my chest down, stick my ass up, and spread my legs wider.

Why wouldn't I want to stick my ass up and spread my legs wider?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home