Saturday, October 07, 2006

Armpits! Confessions of a Wannabe Swimmer, Part 5

I keep telling myself that I'm on the verge of a breakthrough, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm still learning the very basic stroking techniques and trying to put them all together. The whole body mechanics still seem unnatural to me as I really have to pay attention to each motion.

Last week, Coach Tom gave me a breathing clinic. Coach Jim this Tuesday tried to get me to press my chest down. On Thursday, Coach Jen wanted me to pull my fingers into my armpits and stick my elbows up the air, glide and pull.

All the coaches are being very helpful. I'm looking forward to my next milestone, which is to be able to swim freestyle 50 yards without hyperventilating.

Photo copyright by Philly Gay Calendar

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home