Monday, September 18, 2006

Comfort Food

For some Americans, comfort food include fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, ice cream, and chocholate. For this American, comfort food also include Vietnamese noodle soup (pho) and Vietnamse iced coffee (cafe suo da). Pho typically comes in a huge bowl with all sort of floating things you can hardly identify. Cafe suo da has expresso, condensed milk, and ice.
A nice thing about living in a city with a sizable Vietnamese population is that I'm within walking distance of several restaurant offering pho and cafe suo da. The meal costs less than ten dollars. The happiness I get out of this meal is priceless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Court Reporter said...

I just have never been a fan. Love Thai. Love Chinese. Love sushi.

I think it was a bad experience with Vietnamese food while in Thailand, but I've never been able to appreciate the noodle soup.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home