Friday, September 15, 2006

Hanging Tough: Confessions of a Wannabe Swimmer, Part 4

I've only gone to swimming practice about once a week for the past six weeks. The main reason is because of my other activities. A contributing factor is that I'm struggling a little bit in the pool. Since my techniques are less than perfect, I move very inefficiently in the water. I can swim a length of a pool, but I need about 20 to 30 seconds before I can swim back.

A coach tried to reduce my idyl time, but I fainted after 75 yards and vomitted in the locker room shortly after I got out of the pool.

I still can't stick my ass up to align my body with the water surface. I still don't rotate my shoulders enough. I still don't lead with my elbows and my arms don't reach out enough. Worst of all, my feet get cramped up during every other practice.

My goal right now is to hang in there, swim twice a week, and stay for the entire 90 minute session.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home