Saturday, September 10, 2005

Marathon Training - 5 Weeks to Go

Now that the 4-day weekend is over, I need to resume my marathon training schedule.

Week of Sept. 4 - 10 (41 miles)

Monday - approximately 14 miles. My building to the "Welcome to Main Street Manayunk" sign and back to the Walnut St. bridge.

Wednesday - Approximately 3 miles. My building to Penn's Landing by the RiverLink ferry dock and back.

Thursday (evening) - Approximately 10 miles. This was my most amazing run ever. I ran twice as far as I planned, and a lot faster than my marathon training pace. It was also the most beautiful 10-mile path the city of Philadelphia has to offer. I started in Washing Square West. Ran to City Hall, crossing over the Love Park to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Up and down the Rocky Steps of the Art Museum. Crossing the Spring Garden Bridge to Powelton Village. Drexel. Penn. Turned around at 38th & Walnut. Ran through Rittenhouse Square to Pine St. Turned right at 5th St. to South Street. Penn's Landing. Independence Hall. Washington Square. Home.

Saturday - Approximately 14 miles.

Washington Square West to Floyd Hall to meet the Frontrunners. To Conshohocken via Kelly Drive and Schuylkill River Trail. Took the R6 train back to Market East.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home