Sunday, September 18, 2005

Marathon Training - 4 Weeks to Go

Four more weeks before the MDI marathon. I should start counting by days. I need to keep running long and hard for two more weeks. I'll use the other two weeks to taper off.


Week of Sept. 12-18 (38 miles)

Monday (evening): approximately 11 miles. Washington Square West to 33rd St via Walnut. Ran by Drexel University's infamous "rape garden". Followed Powelton Ave. to Spring Garden St. to Floyd Hall. Ran the 5-mile Frontrunners / Philly loop. Back to the front of the Art Museum. Ran up the Rocky Steps. Back on the Schuylkill River Trail to Locust St to return home.

Tuesday (evening): approximately 5 miles. Spruce Street to river trail. Picked up Danielle. Art Museum. Steps. Walked to Floyd Hall. Ran back to Spruce. Washington Square. Home.

Thursday: approximately 7 miles. Washington Square West to Penn's Landing. Back to City Hall. North on Broad St. to Cecil B. Moore Ave. (Temple University).

Saturday: none. I actually helped to organize a 5K fun run from the National Constitution Center (6th & Arch) across the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and back to the Reading Terminal Market. Approximately 30 gay runners from Philly, New York City, and Washington DC attended. I, carrying a camera and handouts, didn't run.

Sunday: approximately 15 miles. The PDR was 13.1 miles, but in the morning before the start, I couldn't check my regular gym back so I had to jog back to my apartment to drop it off. I didn't want to miss the start, so I sort of ran back to the starting line. I was sweaty by the official start of the race, but the warm-up run may have helped me to achieve such a glorious run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home