Friday, July 08, 2005

Code Orange

I certainly can't blame terrorists for my own little mass transit chaos today. I fell asleep on the train on the way back to the city. When I woke up, all the familiar faces on the train were gone. Knowing that I missed my stop, I gathered my bag, umbrella, and book and quickly got off the train. Once I got to the station platform, I realized that I left behind my monthly train pass. I made a mad dash back to the train, picked up the pass, and got off the train just before it started to move.
I must have looked suspcious. We were in the middle of terror alert level "orange", or the second highest level designated by the United States Homeland Security Department. I'd figure I would get stopped by a US National Guard member. Two of them walked right by me as I started to realize what train station I was. Luckily, I wasn't too far from my intended station. I climbed the stairs to the surface and continuing walking home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home