Monday, May 02, 2005

10 miles later

I survived the May madness known as the Broad Street Run. There were runners everywhere from the start to the end. Everyone ran at different pace, so people passed me while I was trying to pass other people. This madness usually occurs at the first mile of smaller races, but it kept up for the entire 10 mile run yesterday. Part of it is because the entire street was closed to traffic for the first five miles, but only one side was closed for the last five miles.

I placed 6260 out of 12,050 finishers with a clock time of 1:34:55 and chip time of 1:30:08. It was a good run. I was in pain the first two miles, which took me about 25 minutes. I stared at William Penn's statue for about 30 minutes. I shook Ed Randel's hand near the Kimmel Center. The crowd definitely helped to distract the pain as it gradually went away. I ran 8 minute mile pace the last five miles.

There was no runner's high after I crossed the finish line. Why run 10 miles when you can run a marathon? I would need more compelling reasons to sign up for this race again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home