Sunday, March 20, 2005

8 Miles in the Rain

Today was supposed to be my day off but I could not let a lesbian down, especially the one who will be my Jersey marathon partner. Eflynn followed up with her birth-day night talk and called me yesterday afternoon to make plans. I picked her up in Bella Vista and off we went running in a misty rain. I thought we were going to run five miles, but we ended up going 7.75 miles.
We started at Floyd Hall. Went to Falls Bridge. Crossed over to the other side (King Drive). Back to Kelly Drive, and back to Floyd Hall. We kept a good pace, which is slightly faster than I'd done the past two weeks. We didn't keep time, but I'd say that we averaged 9 minutes per mile on the way to the bridge, and 8.5 minutes per mile on the way back. We stayed together for the most part, taking turns to lead.
With about three quarters of a mile left, I saw a guy a quarter of a mile in front of us. My competitive nature kicked in, and I went all out. I passed my guy using my sprinting pace, which was around 6 or 6.5 miles a minute. I beat my guy by a quarter of a mile. To Eflynn's credit, she was only about 30 seconds behind me and easily beat the guy too.
I felt great.
I love Kelly Drive.
I'm voting for Jacob and me to move back to the city. The Powelton Village area makes sense for us. I know that area well, having lived there for five years. Jacob can walk to Penn while I cross the Spring Garden bridge and the back of the Art Museum to Kelly Drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home