Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Norristown to Valley Forge 10K

What a beautiful April day! The sun was still out at 6:30 p.m. when I got home. The temperature was about 70F, and the wind was mild and breezy.

Spring was in the air, and I couldn't resist. I put on my Nike and off I went onto the Schuylkill River Trail, Norristown to Valley Forge and back. My feet were light, my kicks were even, and I was in a groove! It was the most perfect run I've had on this trail. My speed was around 9 minutes per mile for the first half, and slightly increased on the way back. I even raced against a train as went past the Norristown train station.

The best part of the run was Regatta service road, which was a 45 degree hill, at the end. I couldn't believe I managed to reach the top and still maintained a running momentum.

The entire run was only a little more than a 10K, but it gave me a tremendous lift. I will be thinking about this run during my next marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home