Saturday, April 02, 2005

Marathon 2 Weeks Away

With the marathon two weeks away, I have been doing shorter runs to avoid overtraining. This week I only did two 5K runs during the week days compared to three 10K runs during the intense phase of the training program.

My body seemed to respond well to the extra rest, as I was able to complete a 13.5 mile run this morning without any pain. The April rain was intense as I started, and the rain kept pouring until I crossed over to the other side of the river. My rain jacket kept me dry for about 30 minutes, then the water started seeping through. By the time the rain stopped, I was wet from head to toe. After the run, I realized that my right ankle chafed and blood was all over my sock and Nike Pegasis.

My time was within my range, and I felt great driving back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home