Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Come out, the water's fine

Today, October 11th, is National Coming Out Day. It's hard to believe it has been 10 years since I first started disclosing my homosexuality to other people. I didn't choose to be gay. I chose to live truthfully. I didn't receive a toaster oven, but I received so much from being at peace with myself.

Today, I celebrate the friendships that I've made the past 10 years. People who read this blog (the two of you). People who call me to see if I want to hang out. People who send me an email or an instant message. People who remember my birthday. People who make me smile. People who put up with me.

Today, I remember gay public figures who come out to make it easier for me. I remember activists who fight for equal rights for gay citizens. I remember fair-minded Americans. I remember my fierce divas.

It's been an amazing 10-year journey. I appreciate you being part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home