Saturday, November 29, 2008

Philadelphia Marathon 2008


Philadelphia Marathon
Originally uploaded by reflexblue

I have been in a long term relationship with the Philadelphila Marathon, having completed this 26.2 mile race for the past five years. It was a below freezing start, and some water stops were icy. I ran without music or GPS watch. It took about 2 hours for me to complete the first half, which was not so bad. However, my lack of training showed in the second half as I had to walk intermittently to deal with my cramps. My finish time was about 4:25.
The post-race recovery was a lot easier this time. After I got my clothes, I walked over to Trader Joe's to do some grocery shopping, walked to Dan's house to do more painting, and ended the day at an early Thanksgiving dinner and Chris'.
I already ran twice five days after the marathon. First was a short run to Rite Aid to buy masking tapes, and yesterday's run was 5 mile run on the treadmill in 40 minutes.
I am looking to sign up for a spring 2009 marathon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home